Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Three B's

Bikes, Brats & Bowling

This week has been amazing... great weather, book club week what more could a girl ask for?!

It was so amazingly nice that I rode the HD to work today. It was a little chilly ride over this morning but so awesome this afternoon, she's at Chucks getting the 1,000 mi check, woot woot. I get my first mileage HOG pin soon too! The new pipes I feel give me respect and it's fun to talk motorcycles with the guys. I am really starting to like the camaraderie that bikers have. It's really nice to know that without knowing someone you already have something in common and could talk for hours. And contrary to belief bikers are not all tattoo big burly men, the bigger they are the bigger the teddy bear usually. I would like to eventually join a local HOG (Harley Owners Group) club and make lots of friends that enjoy riding too. So tomorrow after work I'll pick my baby up all good to go and washed too and enjoy another gracious gifted day from Mother Nature until she turns into a mean witch again on saturday (from 81 to 57 really?! and rain, b***h!)

My sis picked me up at the dealer along with our little cousin, who is in town and is staying for a sleepover tonight, and we headed home. What should await us but a full on summer cookout in early spring!!!! Burgers, Brats, and hotdogs, oh my! Nothing beats the smell of a charcoal grill. Why is it that everything tastes better grilled outdoors on a warm evening? I don't know but I don't care it's true and I will research until there is no more charcoal in the world..lol.

After we all ate ourselves into our fat pants for the evening the fam (minus gma & gpa = funsuckers) the rest of the fam headed out to bowling GC style. Thursday night is men's league night but there was room enough for us. This is how small town/redneck/hick GC is. First off there were more cut-off sleeve shirts in there than you could ever hope to see in your entire life. 2nd we were completely amazed that GC Bowl is now electric score keep.

For hundreds of years GC High Schoolers would look forward to January when we could bus it the 4 blocks to the bowling alley and have PE there for two weeks. Until apparently about 2 weeks ago and shockingly almost sad, we walk in to find that our little small town GC Bowl has upgraded and gone electric. For YEARS!, it was always keep score by hand... honestly how many people nowadays even know how bowling score is kept if the computer doesn't do it for you. Cracks me up as we go to get our shoes and they had to ask if we had ever used an electric score keep (like we have never been outside of town and for many I'm sure the answer is no they haven't used one) luckily we got our smart certificates away at the big city community college and had seen these there machines before and knewd what we was a doin.

It was a little sad to see the old way of things gone but we had to move into the 19th century sometime, but all one has to do is look around at the paint scheme from the 70's and realize we aren't going anywhere too fast. But that's what I love about small time life, nothing changes too much at all and if it does it's not very fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...