Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Place in The Sun (1951)

I have been a sucker for old movies lately.. I've seen The Wild One with Marlon Brando, East of Eden, Rebel Without a Cause, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and I can't stop watching them.

I just got done watching A Place in the Sun starring Montgomery Clift and Elizabeth Taylor. I really didn't know what to expect from this movie and was surprised by the plot. It seemed a little risque for the 1950's.

I was sad at the end, I wished it had ended differently. I hate when movies make you like a guy that maybe didn't do everything right, had good intentions and then doesn't end up with the girl like you want him to.

I'm pretty sure my love for classic movies will not end anytime soon. I have several more on my Netflix list. PS I love that I can now watch my instant queue on the Wii! Gives my boredom something to do on a whim.

Bottom line, I like this movie, you should check it out if you have never seen it.. I'm a sucker for the classics. If you have any great recommendations that I must see by all means pass it along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...