Friday, April 16, 2010

WTF?! Friday

The Nasal irrigation phenomenon aka the Neti pot/NasaFlo
I should probably preface my lack of enthusiasm for the Neti pot craze with the fact that I am completely against spraying or putting anything, other than an occasional finger [you know you do it too, don't lie] up your nose. I will be forever scarred from a visit to the ENT to have my tonils looked at before they were ejected, and had to spray numbing spray up my nose [numb nostrels = weird feeling] then quickly followed by a camera tube being stuck up my nose and down my throat.. yikes just had some Vietnam flashbacks there. So I guess that may have something to do with the reason I will never jump on the neti pot bandwagon. My gma swears by the routine nightly, I've never seen her actually do it, the thought freaks me out and the sound is enough.

So what is this neti pot/nasal irrigation you may be asking. The process of cleaning nasal and sinus passages with saline solution (sterile salt water); Helps keep nasal and sinus passages open so they drain properly and breathing through nose is easier. Gross.

Oprah and Dr. Oz jumped on the bandwagon so now everyone and their brother is shoving a pot of salt water up their nose and letting it dribble out the other side... creeps me out. We all know that everything Oprah touches usually turns to gold, and that makes me wonder how long before all the celebrities are tweeting about their neti-pots and we.. well you all.. are able to buy fancy diamond encrusted neti pots.

So I guess for those of you who have sinus issues go for it and give it a whirl.. report back and let us know how it all went...



Check back on Fridays for another installment of WTF?! Friday for weird things I've run across and found myself thinking wtf?!

1 comment:

  1. This really is old news. Oprah & Oz started talking about this quite awhile ago, over a year ago. My sister in law talked me into trying it. It is disgusting. You can feel like you are drowning. BUT....if you have sinus problems, when you are done it is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...