Friday, April 9, 2010

New York State of Mind

A few years ago my sister and I started what has become a biennial event. In 2008 we decided we both needed to get away for a bit and we took a trip.  Our goal is to take a fabulous week long trip every other year and somewhere close for the day or weekend for the inbetween years.

In 2008 after checking out a local bus/tour group we found the perfect idea. New York City! We had so much fun and made lots of friends... now I must say that these friends were much older than us and lets say we were the youngest by oh.. about 40 years, but none the less we had a fabulous time.

As we are starting to get the 2010 trip details ironed out [Southern US Road Trip, with several days in the lovely Savannah, Georgia] I thought I'd share a few pictures from our New York trip to get us pumped about heading out again! We were only in the city for a few days but we managed to hit all the highlights. I'd love to go back for a longer time if I ever get to go again.. but I don't know that I would last very long [I mean I get annoyed with the GC traffic jams and that is nothing] I like small towns better. But like I said I'd love to go back, we saw Central Park, Rockerfeller Center, Times Square, Statue of Liberty and lots lots more... here's a few snapshots













2 comments:

  1. OMG New York is amazing! I forgot how beautiful it is. Were you laying down to get the whole building in that picture lol?

    ReplyDelete
  2. New York is so beautiful... and no I wasn't laying down.. that isn't all of it lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...