Wednesday, April 14, 2010

If I Had a Million Dollars

If you found out you won a million dollars this second what would you do? Would you quit your job, keep working, invest it or spend it all.

If I had a million dollars I obviously won the lottery or pulled a Ann Nicole and married an old geezer, I will not be getting any sort of inheritance from anyone in my family (that I know of at least. Dear family if any of you are sitting on a huge nest egg.. remember me!)

Assuming that I don't fall victim to the lottery winners curse and hit rock bottom after I have tricked my truck and expanded my double wide, I have a few ideas on what I would like to do with that much dough.

First and foremost I would pay off my debt.. student loans, car, motorycle, etc. etc. Then before I do anything else it would probably be a smart idea to speak with a financial planner just to see what I really had to work with. I don't know if would ever quit working, I think would get too bored.. but I would definately quit working for while if I had enough money to do so.

I would also give some money to charity and to some close family and maybe a little bit to some close friends who have truely been there for me (there aren't many at the moment) it would be difficult to choose what charities to give to hmmm.. I might have to think on this a bit more

Then I would travel.. I would travel all over the world. Just be a student of the world meet all kinds of people see all kinds of amazing things, maybe have odd jobs here and there. I wouldn't go out and spend tons and tons of money on silly things, I would probably just buy the simple folk things that I want now but can't afford.

What would you do with a million dollars?

2 comments:

  1. Well, 1 million dollars is not that much now-a-days. I'd do all that good stuff traveling and quitting my job and all that if I won 10 million or more. With 1 million, however, I'd buy a house (or condo) on the beach - there goes half a mil. Then I'd get my parents whatever they need. Then I'd get me a nice new car (nothing crazy fancy). Then I'd do some traveling in the US and the Caribbean. Then I'd buy some pretty new clothes and shoes. Then whatever is left over goes into some sort of account where it can grow exponentially (hopefully at this point there's still at least $100,000 left).

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had a million dollars, I would pay off my house, my daughters house. Open my coffee house/bookstore. Build a 4 seasons room onto my house. Wear a big smile all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...