Friday, March 19, 2010

Farmville Intervention Needed For America

For the record: I DO NOT participate in Farmville nor will I ever. I honestly do not understand its draw. IF you feel the need to put forth this much effort into a game.. remove your bottom from the computer chair and insert it into the outdoors, say maybe in a garden, where you can acutally get something tangible from your efforts. The people who do play farmville are VERY committed to this application and there is quite a following judging by the pollution it causes on my facebook page.

It is time America, consider this your intervention!! Step 1... you have a problem!

Excuse me for not sending you boards to build a horse stable, or fertilizing your crops.

Actual facebook status that I am constantly bombarded with:
" ok farmville peps. this is what i need... i need one window, aged bricks, weathered boards and vines... i still need nails and horse shoes for my barn.... let me know what you need and i will do my best to get it for you."

"2 bricks and 5 harnesses...Im almost there!!!! Dont forget about my barn raise either!!!!"

"Farmville Friends - I still need help expanding my chicken coop. Please and thank you!! :)"

"I have all the windows and slates for my house, I need 8 bricks,3 weathered board & 4 vines."

At least they are polite and say please and thank you right?!

Here are my suggestions to you Farmville addicts:

The 12 Steps
1.We admitted we were powerless over Farmville--that our lives had become unmanageable.
2.Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3.Made a decision to turn our will, and our lives, over to the care of God as we understood Him.
4.Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5.Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6.Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7.Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8.Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9.Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10.Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11.Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12.Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to Farmaholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.


Please be mindful of these 12 steps and take action today. If you must participate in this work of the devil please be mindful that not everyone is willing to give you boards, harvest your crops, or raise your barn. Let's keep your notifications that give you ribbons for growing a fake garden to yourself.. who cares?! I know I don't... so please seek help you fake farmers.



PS: If you or anyone you know may be offended by this post.. it's because you have the problem I am referring to.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...