Thursday, June 10, 2010

How Do You Like It?

Today I just found out is National Iced Tea Day, um Iced Tea is only like my favorite beverage ever.. well almost. But everywhere I go I always get tea.

Sun tea, and brewed tea are the best no lemon, no sugar straight up tea with ice, that's how I roll.

The Origin of Iced Tea:
In 1904, English tea plantation owner Richard Blechynden set up a booth to sell hot tea at the St. Louis World Fair. It was a sizzler of a day, and fair visitors didn't want anything hot. Rather, they needed something to quench their thirst... something cold. He dumped some of his hot tea into ice and served it cold. It was an immediate hit. This was the first known use of iced tea.

Summer is almost here and what better way to welcome the blistering heat and humidity that surely awaits us than with a big cold jug of iced tea.. aw go ahead throw in a little bit of sugar if you're feeling saucy to celebrate.

4 comments:

  1. my favorite iced tea is of the Long Island variation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and OMG I LOVE the new layout. SOOOO awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful new layout! There is a tea called Constant Commet (something like that). It has a slight orange flavor. More of a hint of orange. I love to use it as iced tea. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the layout also, but how about a new
    Quote????like to have a friend, you have to be a friend............

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...