Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hello Sun, We Finally Meet


Ahh sunshine. Anyone who has seen me lately knows that my color is somewhere between a corpse and albino... I'm working on that, and today was day 1.

Our family has a small pool that we have been putting up that past couple of years, nothing big, just a soft sided pool that's probably about 12' across and about 4' deep, we lovingly refer to it as the family aquatic center. We had a close call earlier this week, a tiny hole threatened my dreams of being a bronze beauty. With a little team work we were able to locate the hole and get it all patched up. Unfortunately a water main broke the other day mid fill and our lovely pool is a nasty rust color. That didn't stop me...

I went down earlier to the family aquatic center to help with the clean-up effort and found the cool water way to tempting to ignore. So I got the floaties out and proceeded to park by white self in my floatie and catch some rays before the storm rolled through.

Good news is, I'm no longer white, it's more of a light pink.. which is color and I'm not complaining. I did put some sun block on so it's not a burn just some light coloring. Hopefully my quest for more outdoor activities and realaxing in the cool waters of the aquatic center will help shed some light on my otherwise transparent skin. So thank you sun for making an appearance today, I hope we will be seeing more of you.

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous. I used to have a backyard pool. I used to be so very, very tan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from Florida and I've never had a pool at my house. What is wrong with that picture? I want a family aquatic center.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...