Saturday, June 19, 2010

* Challenge Accepted *

Summer Book Challenge
30 20 Books in 93 Days
June 21- September 22

I've been hearing about all these great books to read and I keep saying, "Oh I want to read this" but never follow through. There isn't a whole lot of good TV on during the summer and I can just DVR the good ones for a rainy day. Another of my summer goals is to be outside..in the sun..and get rid of the pastiness (I've got a good start going!) and what better activity to multi-task with while enjoying the outdoors?? Reading of course!

I have been seeing several Summer must read books on websites and in magazines. I have a good start to my list and can't wait to get started. To my fellow bookclub members, I'm not counting bookclub books for my challege in case you were wondering.

Here is the first 5 I have on my list:
  1. Lunch In Paris- Elizabeth Bard
  2. Dead End Gene Pool- Wendy Burden
  3. Both Ways is the Only Way I Want it- Maile Meloy
  4. Mistress of the Art of Death- Ariana Franklin
  5. The Bronze Horseman- Paullina Simons
After thinking about it, and my follower comments 30 may have been a little overzealous of me. I'm going to go with 20 books instead. Some of the books I want to read are a little lengthy and the wise 'Page Turner' put it into perspective, you need to keep the enjoyment there and not rush it. I hope I complete the challenge but if I don't make it to 20 at least I got some good reading in this summer season! :)

3 comments:

  1. sounds like a great challenge....good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um HB, you do realize that you're giving yourself three days to read each book right? I wish you the best of luck with this. I think you're giving Page Turner a run for her money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not think I have read any of the books on that list. I know you can out read me this summer. Just remember to enjoy the books. Not even worth it if you lose the pleasure. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...