Monday, September 6, 2010

Four vs Two

This weekend I got the chance to take an adventure in 4wheeling. This..if you can believe it.. was something I have never done before. 4wheeling is much different from motorcycling I'll tell you that right now. You don't have to clutch in when you shift (although I tried but that is a break not a clutch..interesting) and the turning radius is different and took me a little while to get used to.

4wheeling is dangerous..but fun. It's weird but I definitely feel safer on 2 wheels, I don't know why this is. I would like to apologize to the farmer who's bean rows I might have went through. I honestly didn't mean to it was an accident. (wheels don't turn back on their own apparently) it was fun yet completely unexpected to become airborne when I accidentally jumped the ditch. It was fun, but I feared for my life. I could totally handle a leisurely stroll through some already traveled trails (to make sure they are safe of course)

Our resident Floridian FM also was a good sport and got to experience 4wheeling for the first time too. Check out her first ride here. (it's a YouTube video so sorry to my SF friends, you'll have to check it out at home) Then we ventured to the small town bar for a few shots, went back roasted some hotdogs and talked around the fire and wished on a few shooting stars.


It was a fun night out and a perfect weather weekend to get out and enjoy the outdoors. I think I'm going to go ahead and keep my passion on two wheels, because after all... four wheels put miles on the ground, two wheels puts miles on the soul.

There had been talks about taking a bike trip to Cahokia Mounds sometime this weekend but that didn't quite work out with schedules and everything. I keep telling my dad that he needs to get a motorcycle, then my brother wants to get one (eventually) and we could take family bike trips. I got my HOG chapter schedule of events and in October they are having a Sunday ride to brunch then riding up to Starved Rock to check out the fall colors and I'd really like to, but I still haven't rode in a group and it makes me kind of nervous. I know, I know.. you just have to overcome and put yourself out there. I am getting better, but baby steps still. I got awhile to think about it.

Hope everyone had a great extended weekend! My task today is to read this month's bookclub book and I need to research a good book to put up as a contender for November (our book club's 1 year anniversary!) Hmmm what to pick, what to pick.

Taken Fall '09

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...