Saturday, March 22, 2014

Today's To-Do List

I'm officially on my own! It was with mixed feelings that I dropped mom and dad off at the airport this morning. On one had I'm super glad to have them gone (sorry mom) but now I can get into my own schedule and find my Arizona groove. I don't care who you are but two weeks is a long time to have anyone in your house! Then on the other hand, I'm sad to see them go. As annoying as they were lol, they were nice playmates for Oliver, and it was kind of nice to have a chauffeur everyday. Now I'll have to worry about finding parking at our crowded work place.

I had originally planned on going back to sleep after I dropped them off (it is my day off!) but I tried, then I was up. Maybe I'll start being one of those productive morning people? Doubt it, but ya never know. So then what to do? Well first off since I no longer need to separate the car keys and the condo keys, I decided my first task would be to combine the two. 

They whole key situation going on right now with my key chain is a little redic, I'll give ya that, but I kinda need all these keys. Prior to moving I had exactly 2 keys on my chain; my car key, a key to the back door at my parents house (which they actually changed and wasn't even current) and a few store key cards. Now I have no less than five keys present. My car key, mailbox key, pool key, door key, my work desk key AND my store discount cards. Ay yi yi! Then on top of these keys, I have several new work items to keep track of: a parking permit, a desk key (which I carry on my key-chain), a laptop locking key, and then a key to the docking station. Redic! I currently have them situated how I think they will work best, stay tuned.



Embarrassed that I literally sat there and fiddled with the key situation for the better part of an hour, then needing to make myself feel slightly accomplished, I ventured out to the local library (2.3 miles) to check it out and get a library card. (since I'll be poor now and the more free things the better!) So lets get a group read going PT. Any shorter good reads? 



It was a very easy process, show ID and proof of address then, Boom! Library card, and you had 8 artist designs to choose from. I went with a lovely mountain scene, original art by Bud Heiss. I even have a keychain option, like I need more! 

Then, I popped on over to the local post office (2.7 miles from my house) to pick up some stamps. Since I'm all settled I've reactivated my Postcrossing and I'm ready to send and receive new post cards from all over the globe. I was not terribly impressed with their stamp collection. I asked for three different kinds of stamps that they didn't have in stock. Even small town post office had better selections. So I went with the American flag and fireworks forever stamp and will order the rest online, which I'm fine with, one less reason to leave the house! 

Then like a lazy bum I stopped at McDonalds for some lunch. I went out on a limb and tried the new bacon habanero ranch quarter pounder. I know habanero means hot by holy s@#! was that hot. I won't make that mistake again! My mouth was on fiya!

Then I was left with the whole rest of the afternoon. I accomplished much (not really) I've been on the computer for basically the whole day. I cleaned up my gmail inboxes, got 2 postcards done heading out to China and Russia. I checked the mail, already getting some things trickling in (mostly junk/ads) I have a small list going of things I need to pick up at the store etc etc. Basically if I never had to leave the house I'd be good lol

Oliver is rather enjoying himself too I think. This is his favorite perch (though he has many) he likes to sit here and take in all the outdoors has to offer and in a sunspot no less. Every once in awhile he'll stand up and get real close to the window, usually that means there is a dog walking by and he wants to know what's up.


Tomorrow I think I shall sleep in. I'm hoping friends in Illinois remember that I am 2 hours behind them so when it's 9am there it's 7am here, which equals Heather sleepy time ;) My body is still on IL time I think, because right now it's 9:30pm and it feels every bit of the IL 11:30pm. I am one tired pup! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...