Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Goodbyes for Now

The hardest thing about moving to another state is saying goodbye to your dear friends. I have been in the same department for the past seven years, and it's the same department I started the insurance company at. Seven years is a long time to spend 5 days a week with people. They become your very best friends and then they become family. I am seriously going to miss all of these people, and these are just a few of my extended work family.

I knew I had friends at work, but I was completely overwhelmed by their graciousness. On my last day, which was last Friday, there were so many people who gave me gifts and cards, which was completely unexpected, a goodbye hug would have been enough, but being the people they are, they wen't completely above and beyond.


Here, is myself and skinny on his last day a week prior with Pat.


These people know me so well! I got my favorite guacamole and chips! 


Pat was very sad that I was leaving so we decided to pack her up and take her with! 


My Screaming Pumpkin buddy and I have planned to meet up (when we are both in better shape) to do a very awesome race since we won't be around for the annual running of the Screaming Pumpkin race at Halloween this year.


My girl T and I on the last day


... and this is what is left of the awesome '6 Pack' the others have moved on as well. You can kinda tell from this picture that the tears are starting to build as Pat is getting sadder and sadder. Don't worry for Pat though, I have made her my IL secretary. She will be the first one to get updates and then pass them around. She had already done an awesome job with her first assignment! 

It was hard to say goodbye to friends but I hope they will look me up if they are ever out in AZ. 

The other surprising thing is how much stuff you accumulate in your little cube after 7 years. I tried to consolidate it down to 1 box, which I kinda did, but ended up bringing another box home with me, which as you'll find out in the next post, I didn't have quite as much space as I thought I did in the Escape! 

But thank you again to all my friends who have been so good to me since I have began in the department at the insurance company. I will miss you all very very much! Words cannot express how thankful I am for each and every one of you! Love ya lots! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...