Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Dust Storm Warning


Today while sitting at work I received my first dust storm warning alert, I'm happy to report that I survived my first dust storm.

It actually was very uneventful. I had just got out of the car at home when a gust of wind came about. There was just the faintest hint of brown to the sky. So technically I didn't really experience it or get caught driving in it (thankfully). But none the less a dust storm. They showed it on the news from the helicopter view which is much cooler looking than the footage they showed from the ground.


4 comments:

  1. Do you have to have special insurance coverage for that? OL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are these a regular event for you now? We had one in Melbourne years ago, you could see it coming, the sky went black at about 3.30pm, was like night had come already. may farmers lost the dirt from their properties that day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I understand, they can occur fairly often here. They are mostly associated with storm systems that come through and kick up the dust. I'll keep ya posted if we get any more ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...