Thursday, March 20, 2014

Greetings from Arizona- Week 2

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, I know you are all dying to know what's going on in my crazy adventurous life... we'll go with that anyway.

Monday was my first day in my new job, and as we are almost to Friday, here's my thoughts so far. I feel like I am in a whole other world/alternate universe/twilight zone kinda place. This new work environment is the polar opposite of where I came from with my last job. My new job will be training new associates as they start their job with the company. For most people this will be their first experience working for the company so my department (which is a new start up as well) will basically be the face of the company. We will mold their minds and give them the tools they need to be the best they can in their new roles and it's going to be AWESOME! When we don't have a training class we can pick our own hours basically, coming in as early as 6am?! Well I won't be up that early but it's awesome to have the opportunity. Right now we are just in training ourselves, lots of new things to learn, looks like that is the plan until June, so we've got a ways to go. I love it so far, not to say there won't be struggles and complaints later but right now it's great! 

Mom and dad leave Saturday morning to head back to IL, then I'll officially have the whole place to myself! Ice cream for dinner and I can run around in my underwear if I want (says OL) I like to not run around in my underwear, but again the option is there. Oh which reminds me of something else. Since this is a new department, and we are training, the dress code expectations while not different, but it's encourage to be a little more presentable than jeans and a tshirt (since we are training new people, and being a new department all eyes are on us) So I'm going to need to up the game in the closet department. I've done well so far this week, but I'm going to need to add stuff STAT! 

While NiBo was here we went to the zoo and then dad and I have gone to a Cubs spring training game (both were awesome) so here's some pictures to entertain you.

Petting the stingrays:








Worst snow cones ever, solid ice. I gave up trying to finish it, but it looked pretty.






Personally I think the St. Louis Zoo is way better, tons more animals. But then again, prolly hard to keep penguins cold and alive in the desert. The zoo even closes like at 2pm during the summer because people don't go outside in the summertime here I guess. 

I have also located a Barnes & Noble for any future book needs

The Spring training game was awesome! You can get so close to the players and they are good about signing autographs. The thought hadn't even crossed my mind so I didn't come prepared for autographs. The stadium is brand new and has tons of touches that remind you of Wrigley. I think they said they attendance that day was like 14,500ish. They even have a mini marquee! 









lots of pretty landscaping outside the stadium


In case you were wondering about Oliver he is settling in great! I hope he'll understand being alone all day once mom and dad leave while I'm at work. He has all kinds of new places to explore though! I promise once I get everything situated I will show you pictures of my place. To everyone who gave me Target gift cards, you money has been well spent. I bought a lovely new computer desk and lots of other little things. Thank you again! So sit tight folks, more AZ Adventure stuff is on the way! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...