Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Officially Official

Today was another big check off the ol' to-do list. Arizona license and plates is a big check! Ok, so my plates don't actually say AZ Life, but I gotta protect my true identity so the stalkers don't stalk. 



Arizona plates and license (I still have to get plates for the bike) was $400. So to my IL friends, next time don't complain about the tag price being $100... you'll live. Out here it's based on the vehicle value, great right? I have to have a 2013. BUT I didn't have to have it inspected so that saves me like $40. My license is good until 2051, I will be 65 then. Redic.


The Arizona MVD (motor vehicle department) wasn't nearly as scary as I had imagined (go figure) I did feel a little bit like the shrunken head guy from Beetlejuice sitting there with my little number.


Waiting, Waiting, Waiting.... the adventure began at 3:51 pm and ended at 4:29 pm, not too shabby. I like that you can see an estimated time of how long it will take for what transaction you need on their website, it helped me make a last minute venue change to a place where the line was shorter. 

Surprisingly I got to keep my old Illinois license and plates, I will add the plates to my collection. I have a small shrine set up in the garage. I like my IL license picture better (it was several lbs lighter) But I was thinking to myself, is it better to have a really fat picture and then get skinny? I hope so. I plan on getting to lightening up the load here soon enough. Just have to get my Papa Johns fix out of the way. That Papa is a tricky fella. I went to check the mail and there were coupons and that's what I ended up with for dinner... and dinner tonight lol.

Oliver is still getting used to being a stay at home alone kitty. He's been kinda meowy a lot, which I hope will subside as he gets used to my hours and stuff. He makes me feel so bad when I leave in the mornings, I mean look at that pitiful face.



He is also going through the terrible two's or something. He runs around like a mad person and has had a bit of a scratching problem, my poor IKEA couch :( but he's still just a little guy. I need to get him a new scratching pole and put some double stick tape on the couch. 



But then he can be so adorable. Just look at that precious sleepy little face! And he is a snuggle bug at night, he will nestle up in the crook of my arm and curl up and sleep for a bit.

Here's what's on the agenda coming up. Tomorrow night is a team Happy Hour, which normally isn't something I'd be up for, but I am really really trying to step outside my comfort zone and make some changes. Saturday I get to go sit at the car dealership to get a new left strut, thank goodness for a warranty! Coming down the mountain or something wasn't too good on it, but I'm thinking it's a defect because I've had the same knocking noise looked at and fixed before. I plan on charging my nook and reading a new book. I think I've decided on 'Wild' by Cheryl Strayed, I want to read it before the movie comes out staring Reese Witherspoon. Other than that not a whole lot on the agenda. I plan on getting started on my AZ Bucket list and just start crossing things off the list. I'm enjoying my chill time lately though, it's been nice.

Stay warm my friends! A cold front is coming through, the high tomorrow is only 77°F

2 comments:

  1. Love all these AZ posts.You know what Oliver needs? A kitty friend. Seriously! They can play and keep each other company. PT

    ReplyDelete
  2. PT is right! you have to have 2 cats, especially for boys. girls can be a little beetchy, if youknowwhatimean.
    where is this AZ bucket list?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...