Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dear Self, Get It Together!

I am tired of being overweight I really am. Here it is Wednesday already and I haven’t been to the gym….yet. My goal is to get to the gym 3 days a week in the Sunday-Saturday range, so I’m still on track for that to happen. I took yesterday off, because, well just because; I needed a break from work. I’ve been working some overtime again to make some extra money. I did accomplish cleaning out my closets with all the junk that I don’t wear anymore with the plan of having a big ol yard sale in the spring. Is there such a thing as Winter cleaning? I’ve heard of Spring cleaning…but anyway. Yesterday A.Drama came over and helped me go through my closet and was very helpful in telling me things that were ugly and needed to go. (I bribed her to help with lunch and Reese’s, it wasn’t free of charge)

But back to work today and I had to come clean to ‘Jillian’ that I hadn’t been to the gym yet this week. She was less than impressed, even though I told her I had cleaned up my whole room. Her response and I quote “I guess maybe your clean house is your priority this year.  ;)  though I thought it was YOU.”  Ouch, and to add insult to injury she reminded me that I have a comfy warm gym to travel to while she ran outside yesterday morning in the negative weather.

So what’s my deal? After we got done cleaning yesterday it was about 5 and I was a little tired. I had the intention of taking a little nap, opps I slept until 9?!?! What the crap. I swear I have some sort of sleeping disorder and if it doesn’t exist I’m calling it the Rip Van Winkle. But none the less, enjoying sleep is not a great reason to not go to the gym. Once I’m at the gym I'm not angry or thinking I’m going to die or anything, so what’s the mental hold up here. I want to get fit, I have the time, I have the capability, I just can’t figure out what the holdup is. Is there some kind of underlying fear of failure? I’ve been watching The Biggest Loser and there is always something underlying causing the inability, I’m still trying to figure out mine I guess.

Have you ever had to overcome yourself to help get to a goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...