Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Morning Person I am Not... yet

This past week I have been on a quest, a quest to become a morning person. So far I have failed miserably. It's not for a lack of trying. I even moved my alarm clock all the way across the room in an effort to get my arse out of bed.

I have googled "How to become a morning person" several times, hoping for some assistance. They are kind of helpful I suppose. But one suggested I buy a $200 wake up light to help. While they look awesome and I do miss the morning sun, I can't justify $200 dollar for an alarm clock when I can't even get my cheap one to do its job. Alot of them say to sleep in your workout clothes to make it easier. And they keep saying don't hit the snooze button... oh well why didn't I think of that!? Um hello I wouldn't be googling this if I could stop hitting the button. I'm going to keep trying though, one day it will sink in.

I made this mistake of telling some co-workers about my secret covert operation. One of whom is already a morning runner and gets up like 4:30 AM! to run multiple miles!! As they asked about my progress and the excuses came flying out of my mouth even I was embarrassed and knew I was grasping at the bottom of the barrel for excuses and it was sad. I finally just stopped and said, I have no excuse. I don't have any excuses but I'm going to keep setting my alarm for 5:15 and hope that one day it just hits me and I get up and stay up.

But in some good news, my Weight Watchers journey is still going strong. I'm down 11.4lbs. Progress is progress no matter how slow. Although it's difficult at times that it's not coming off faster, at least it's coming off. I'm getting down to the zero barrier to get my butt in gear so I don't look like a donkey's ass at the races I have signed up for.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...