Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Giving Keys

I don't remember where I first came across The Giving Keys story. But when I heard about it, I knew it would be a perfect way to utilize my 2013 word, strength.

The Giving key story is this: 

"The Giving Keys exists to employ those transitioning out of homelessness to engrave recycled keys that get sold and shared around the world. Each key necklace is unique and carries a message like HOPE, STRENGTH, DREAM or COURAGE. When the wearer of the key encounters someone else who needs the message on the key, they give it away and then tell us their story."

What a fantastic idea! There are several word options to choose from, obviously I chose strength, but you can even choose a custom word. I love that the idea is to not keep the key but to pay it forward to someone else who needs the message on the key. 

I'm going to get my key all shined up and cleaned up before I wear it, I want it to be a shining example that with a little bit of effort even the most worn out can be brought back to life.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...