Sunday, January 20, 2013

Just Not A Morning Person

I tried, for about a week to wake up early enough to work out in the morning. It just did not go well. I enjoy my sleep too much. But with a little "pep talk" from my friend Jillian (that's what I'm calling her because she is up to the task of the though love I need, just like Jillian Michaels) I've been to the gym three times this past week. I'm once again working on my couch to 5k app. Jillian keeps telling me to stick with it and by the end I will be able to actually be a runner. She also keeps telling me that runners come in all shapes and sizes. To keep me motivated she harps on me non stop, I will even try to hide from her if I didn't go to the gym, she turns the shame on...it works. She showed me her before and after pictures and all she did was start running and watch what she ate. Jillian is one of the crazy people who gets up at like 4am to go run. Maybe one day I'll be that crazy, don't hold your breath.

I finally got to try out my new running shoes that I had bought oh about a year ago when I last decided I was going to be a runner. I really hope I stick it out. I have 2 races coming up in April, a 5k and a 10k, then the Warrior Dash in June. There is also talk of a Hawaii trip in the fall, so I definitely want to be hula ready by then. It's like a 100some days until Summer too.... plenty of time to get in shape...right?




The gym is so much fun! Red face is hot and attractive right? May you all have a happy work out! Make sure you get your workout in... you don't want Jillian calling you up and yelling at you! 

1 comment:

  1. Check out the 10 Commandments for The Runner, and pay careful attention to the first three: http://pinterest.com/pin/89860955036313449/

    If you run, you are a runner.
    A mile is a mile.
    Do not skimp on sleep.

    Repeat those to yourself every time you doubt yourself. Cut yourself some slack - take it one day (or workout) at a time and don't give up. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...