Sunday, February 20, 2011

Spring Season Goals


I have decided that I have two goals for the upcoming Spring season, and well a third that will default because of the first two.

1. Become a runner
2. Become a morning exerciser
3. By default lose weight/get in shape

I have always dreamed of being one of those people who gets up early and has their exercise done before most people have thought about waking up. It's going to be rough but I need to get in shape. The winter layer of warmth has worn out it's welcome and the buttons on my jeans are stressing and my sister is getting married in August and since I am the older single sister I should at least look fabulous doing it. Now is the perfect time. We are about ready to Spring ahead which means more light in the morning and it's true that after a long day at work with annoying people really that last thing you want to do is tear yourself away from the DVR to haul your tired arse to the gym. AND lent is approaching and since soda has crept its way back into my life it's already decided that will be what I give up.

So running.... I'm not against it. I was in track in 6th grade and 8th grade. I ran the 200m, 4 x 200 relay, and shot put. Since then my thighs have filled in and running can me literally painful. You don't know pain until chub rub kicks in and your legs burst into flames, not fun. Learned the hard way during a 10k and I wasn't even running, that was just walking. Making me feel a little better is the fact that even skinny people have to deal with it not just the 'womanly figured' folks. So the first thing to start towards this goal was to invest in a good pair of Under Armor compressions shorts to reel in the thunder thighs for a more pleasant running/walking/jogging experience... check. I would like a new pair of running shoes but didn't see any I liked today so I put that on hold.

And to top it all off the High School is sponsoring a Falcon Biggest Loser contest that I'm going to join but that doesn't start until the end of March and runs through November (holy moly that's a long time)

I've seen all your blogs about training or getting ready to think about training for your half marathon and it's really inspired me to put feet to pavement and give it a whirl. Well there it is, it's in writing now. They say that it takes 27 days to make a habit so we'll see. Starting March 1st we'll see if it sticks. I'll at least give it the ol' college try.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Easy Rider! Start slow, build gradually, and rest when it's needed. Getting out the door is the hardest part - I'll be here cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...