Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Wish It Had Been A Mint Oreo Blizzard Instead

But it wasn't it was the 4ft drift kind of blizzard. I spent the better part of my snow day shoveling. I would have just left it until Spring when it all melted but gpa is a stubborn butt and I can't very well let an old man shovel snow all by his lonesome, so to the out of doors we went. I let him have the ergonomic shovel because I'm the best granddaughter ever (sorry Minnie I didn't see you down here shoveling his snow)

First we shoveled a path to his woodshop (clearly get the important things out of the way) then we cleaned off the truck and started shoveling to the alley. Then hopped in the truck and hoped for the best and showed that snow who's boss. Gpa tracked through that snow and to the alley like it was nobody's business. That was good and all but there was no way Simon was going to make it through but we tried to shovel as much we could.

Then the neighbor was stuck so we helped him shovel out and NiBo tried to plow through in the Explorer and got stuck a few times so we had to get him unstuck. Then we went back to shovel our sidewalks so we could make it to the cars. Just when I thought I'd be snowed in forever we waved at a city plow and he came through the alley. YAY! After that Simon was a sure out, AND our friendly neighbor came to the rescue more with his snowblower and got the rest of the driveway cleared (not just truck tracks) ensuring that we wouldn't get stuck again and have to shovel more. We thanked him with some fresh out of the oven cookies. Neighbors are the best!

I'm going to be sore tomorrow that is for sure, still wondering what the roads will bring for me tomorrow morning.... I might just call in some PV and say forget about it.











PS: Happy Groundhog's Day! Phil didn't see his shadow so Spring is near.
Yeah looks like it. You better not be wrong Phil or else you can take your Gobblers Knob and shove it somewhere that I know will never see it's shadow. Watch your back rodent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...