Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Day I Turned 25: Part I

Today I turned 25. I'll walk you through my day. This week there is finally a little bit of overtime for my section (hello extra $$) so I'm working 7am-7pm this week... yes even on my birthday like a champ. So my day started early like 5am/5:10/5:15/5:30/5:40/5:50/oh crap I better get up (love the snooze button) Finally haul my butt to work to see this!


My Girl T decorated my desk! Very nice job.

Then my lunch crew with special guests OL and My Girl T discussed the when/where of birthday lunch. I should also mention that I have a birthday twin, you may know him as Skinny or SNG on the Page Turner's blog, but today you will now know him as my birthday twin. I have regular at least once a week lunch crew and we are kind of know for going to this one Mexican restaurant a lot, and we may also be the kind of regulars where we don't even have to say what we want- once we're in the door our orders are pretty much in. So why we even discussed where we would be going to lunch is pretty much anyones guess, gives us something to do I guess.

Well we got to lunch and go figure, they had to tell them it was our birthday.... sombrero's, singing and clapping ensued.


The waiters thought it would be funny to help me out with the first bite... thanks guys. Straight for the nose.


We all laughed, they tried to pull the same trick on Skinny, but he was too swift.


The free fried ice cream was delish!


Then I spilled it on my shirt.


Then it was back to work........... until 7. Then I still had my 45 minute drive back home ahead of me.

8pm and I'm finally home with the fam. We had Pizza Hut pizza, cheese hand-tossed just what I like. Gma made a cake, white/vanilla frost my favorite and cookies and cream ice cream, just what I love.

Thank you everyone for helping make this the best birthday I've had in awhile.  Your kind words, gifts, cards, facebook messages and wall posts, emails and texts and nice wishes helped me remember that I have lots of people who are way too good to me. You all are the best! I even got my very own birthday blog post from the Page Turner... um awesome much?

I'm tired now.

Check back tomorrow for The Day I Turned 25: Part II for life lessons, realizations and other cool things about turning 25..... and whatever else I can think of.

and if you've been following my Project 365 on my photo blog, sorry I haven't had time to work on pictures, silly over-time makes me sleepy and lazy.

So until tomorrow here's some pictures 25 years in the making... enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...