Sunday, May 4, 2014

Weekend Rewind: Recalls, Warranties, Greeks and Dad

This has been a long week on so many levels. 

First off, Edgar (the Escape) has a recall that needed to be taken care of. Tuesday after work I went to drop off my car for the needed repairs of the recall, which would take two days. Thankfully I was given a rental until the repairs were complete. I've also been having some issues with the suspension, and had a strut replaced when mom and dad were out. There was till a noise in the front so I told them to take a look at that as well. My rental was a 2013 Ford Focus, pretty sharp little car so I didn't mind driving it around. Repairs took a day longer than they thought so I didn't get my car back until Friday. There is still a knocking noise but I wasn't going to pay for the rental while they kept it. I'll take it back again. But they did fix one part which was covered by the warranty. I'm getting spoiled with this warranty (not that I should have to get things fixed) but I'm liking walking to the cashier just to pick up my keys and not have to fork over any cash.

Work had been a long week too, more training for training. We are still learning the things we will be covering to the new peeps. This week we each presented a piece of the material back to our team so we can become familiar with the material as well as start getting used to being in front of a class in the classroom. Leaning for seven hours and forty-five minutes for five days gets tiring, but it's important stuff that we need to know.

Yesterday (Saturday) I spent most of the day at a Greek festival with a couple new friends from work. I wish I had three stomachs so I could have ate more, but holy cow the food was amAZing! I had just a good ol' fashioned Gyro but it was super fresh right off the grill and super super delicious! We took a tour of the Greek Orthodox Church which was putting on the festival. Very ornate paintings and tons of gold leaf. They said one painting cost $8,000 to complete when they had it done before the gold prices went up. The guide also gave a bit of the history and traditions of the church, which I found fascinating. It actually made me miss Germany and all the churches we got to see over there. While we waited they announced that the official temperature at the airport was 100° which means I spent the first triple digit day in the out of doors! Thankfully there were many tents for us to hide from the sun under, but I came prepared with my SPF 50 just in case! Did I mention the food was amazing because it was. While I didn't partake there was a lamb roasting over the fire, flaming cheese and lots of baked goods. I ended the day with a baklava sundae, Yummo! There was also much Greek dancing and lots of people hollering Opa! 

Yesterday also just happened to be Dad's birthday! So happy Birthday dad! 



Today was another hot day with the high reaching 102°! I managed to get myself to the grocery store but I don't know if I actually bought anything that will make a complete meal or not. I'm actually considering just ordering pizza, because it's easier. Hopefully I'll talk myself out of that here in a bit because, well, I really need to eat better. I did pick up some veggies and fruit at the store when I went, I was bummed they were out of strawberries but I got some watermelon instead. I think I have everything to make a nice chicken caesar salad but I'm lazy today and don't want to grill the chicken. I'm tellin ya, pizza is sounding better and better! 

I hope everyone had a productive weekend and you were able to keep cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...