Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Snow Pile

You may remember me talking about the Illinois winter that would never end right? Believe it or not, winter is still not giving up just yet.

This photo was taken while I was waiting for dad to get off work on February 10th, that is my car, a Ford Escape. This picture was actually taken before we got several more huge snows. They had end loaders up on top trying to pile the snow higher so they would have room for all of it. I should note that this is all the snow from a huge parking lot, this happened to be the area where they had to pile it all, since they ran out of room. Only so much of the pile would actually fit in the picture.

When I left for Arizona, I made dad promise to keep me posted on the pile, I was curious to see how long it would take it all to melt.


Here is the April 16th update...



and here is today's update, May 7th...



Snow gets so gross as it melts and all the dirt particles show. Yuck! I'm surprised there is so little left, I joked that it would last until June, but I'm not that far off! 

The weather back home has finally hit the 70's so it's been good and warm to melt that snow! Today I was surprised that it was warmer back home than it was here today! It only made it up to 77°F today, and was 90°F back home! The thing about 90° back home is the humidity, mom said it was starting to feel sticky out today. 

Don't feel too bad for me, here is what next week's forecast is looking like


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...