Saturday, April 26, 2014

Room Reveal: My Outdoor Space



This is my little piece of outdoor paradise, which didn't exist until today. Day after day I would come home to nothing in this space just screaming to be filled with something. I really really wanted a wicker loveseat to put out here but I didn't really feel like shelling out $200+ for just something to sit on.

This morning the weather was so nice (65° and a lot windy, with a high of 72°) and though there is a community area with picnic tables and such, I just needed something a little more 'my space' that was all it took to get me out of my pajamas and headed to Target (you know Target is my weakness) 

There has been an adorable little bistro set at Target that I have been eyeing for awhile but at $210 I still wasn't convinced. I really did want a loveseat but decided against it. Then I noticed these plastic Adirondack chairs for $20 and a little glass side table for $16. No they aren't the fanciest, but they sure are comfy, I tried them out! So for $56 I have a little outdoor oasis right outside my front door. 

I plan to add more little touches as I run across things to add some color. I found some really cute red outdoor pillows for $14 each, so maybe next time. I would like to find a little footstool or something to put my feet up while I'm out there enjoying my iced tea. Maybe some planted pots to spruce it up too, but let me tell you it looks a lot better than it did! Maybe a nice outdoor rug to put over the turf look?


While I was at Target I may have discovered that the watermelon Oreo's are back for summer! I really shouldn't have even got them considering the whole lets get in shape thing, but I couldn't resist. I'll have to limit my intake and not have the whole bag all at once, but they are yummy! 


I even got some mail back home! Mom sent me a text that gma had told her I got a new postcard. I was really confused because I should not be getting my postcards back home and I have even gotten one here already, which confirmed I got everything updated. So I told her to send me a picture of the front and back so I could get it registered so the person who sent it could get a postcard of their own. Well when I went to register it the mystery was solved!

This postcard had been sent from Russia way back on November 13th, it's been traveling for 165 days! That's why it went there, it was supposed to have arrived a long time ago! It traveled 4,712 miles from St. Petersburg, Russia. I imagine it had got lost somewhere along the way, which happens from time to time. I have 2 postcards that never got registered so they must have got lost somewhere along the way too. I'm glad this one finally made it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...