Friday, April 25, 2014

Flashback Friday: Illinois Marathon Weekend 2013

Remember last year when October 2012 Heather thought it would be a good idea so sign up for the Mini I-Challenge and do a 5k and a 10k back to back nights? Yeah.... that was fun wasn't it? I still have blisters... ok not really but the marks are there still! 

This weekend is the Illinois Marathon weekend back home and all the Facebook posts about it make me kinda sad I didn't get to do it again, would I have been ready for it? H-no, but it's the thought that counts.... so take a walk down memory lane with me to last years' 5k and 10k Runs walks. Read the whole post here for the play-by-play.






Which brings us back to present day, and Houston we have a problem. It's called pizza... pizza is a problem. Since beginning the whole moving to Arizona adventure back in November (applying for the job, waiting, waiting some more, getting the job, relocation, moving, packing, driving, settling etc etc) I kinda started packing on the pounds again (you know after I had been doing so good working out with a trainer like 6 days a week and eating good and lost a good amount of weight) and it sucks. 

My new job requires me to be up in front of a classroom and out from the hidden comfort of my desk. It's amazing how being up in front of a group of people makes you suddenly very self aware, weird right? 

So what do I do now? Obviously it's time to get started, no more pizza for sure (even though it's soooo easy) I've been on Pinterest trying to pin healthy recipes, it's weird that when you pin them, they don't make themselves. 

Yet again here I am, finding myself on the starting end of getting the whole weight thing under control. Being lazy is so hard to change, but we've all got to start somewhere (again) right? If you know of any good single serving easy healthy meals send em my way! You can add to the comments or use the handy link at the top of the page to 'Email North of 10th' Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...