Wednesday, April 16, 2014

10 Things: Arizona Life



I'm still settling into life here in Arizona but I have a few observations: 

* The ice cubes I make myself (from my filtered water) taste like garbage and smell like it too, can't figure that one out.

* I eat too much pizza, Jacks, Papa Johns and Pizza Hut, is there an AA for that or do they just call it Weight Watchers? For real, I need help.

* Afternoon traffic on the exact same roads takes twice as long as morning traffic.

* When signs warn of your lane ending and to merge, Arizonians take that to mean stay in the lane as long as possible then cut over right as the lane actually ends.

* It's been consistently in the upper 80's (sorry Illinois folks) but the air conditioning is set on polar in the office, so I've been wearing my cardigan sweaters.

* 90° really doesn't feel like Illinois 90° I'll let you know what 120° in the shade feels like.

* I haven't been to the pool yet, because well... I'm scared of the sun. Not like heliophobia style, I just don't want a sunburn. Then someone said that the higher the SPF after 15 the more chemicals there are. Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess, so I'll stay inside.

* I'm thankful my job has a parking garage that keeps my car cool during the day.

* It sprinkled once since I've been here, like just enough to make my car ridiculously dirty. In Illinois I would wait it out for the next rain to wash it off, might have to pay up and go through the wash.

* There is an overwhelming amount of things to enjoy 'round these parts. Trying to get my AZ Bucket list together, I thought about doing something every weekend but that seems like a lot. Outside things are kind of out of the question during the summer, even the Zoo closes early (obvs, don't want the animals to melt) So I'll have to find indoor things to do and keep cool.

2 comments:

  1. the lane ending thing is SO true... last clear chance of avoidance? longhairdon'tcare! AZ drivers are the epitome of "job security"

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont mean to sound like the other things aren't true, they all are. that one just made me lol. and i'm a huge screamer at other cars.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...