Sunday, September 1, 2013

My Etsy Experiences

Etsy.com is a wonderful website where people with much more talent than I make and sell homemade items, jewelry and all kinds of pretty things. I keep trying to think of something I could make on Etsy that people would want to buy... but I digress.

Have you ever purchased something on Etsy? Was it good or a bad experience? Well I would like to tell you about my two experiences from Etsy... two very different tales.

My first purchase was a handmade ring I purchased it April 22, 2012 and two days later the website said it had shipped. Got my ring loved it, no problems.

My second purchase I have still yet to receive. It was purchased way back when on November 21, 2012. Yes 2012. The shop states it could be up to 3 months for order to be completed, and mine was around the Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday, but I didn't think it would take 9 months to get an order.

So as to not be pushy, I emailed a few times to check on the status.

Jan 5th 2013- I emailed to check
Jan 6th- response- holiday time longer wait

March 9th- I emailed to check
March 10th- response- seller had a sudden death in family and has been out, apologized for delay
March 10th- I responded sorry for the loss, take your time.

May 13th- I emailed to check again. No response.

June 17th- I emailed to check again 
June 21st- response- apparently she shipped it a long time ago it should have arrived by now, she has no way to track it blah blah.Said she will make me a new one at no charge and have it completed/shipped in a week.

Aug 28th- I emailed to check again. No response.

Now magically as of August 30th it shows my order has shipped. I'm kinda thinking she never sent the original one and has just now sent me my clutch. I had to pre-pay for this way back in November when I placed the order. 

So now I wait to see if it actually arrives. I feel like she wasn't honest in her responses  when she did respond, but maybe she was telling the truth. Either way, I'm still waiting for my clutch.

1 comment:

  1. I have ordered many things from etsy. Never had a bad experience. I think you should find out if there is a place on etsy to complain. One time I ordered and the lady sent me a note there was an illness in family and would be a delay. As soon as she could she shipped. I love etsy.
    Page Turner

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...