Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Podcasts and Sirius



I go back and forth between music and podcasts to keep my from losing my mind at work. I've tried other podcasts but keep coming back to these four as my main go-to's. With an hour drive each way I can go through them pretty quick when I'm in podcast mode. So here's a little about my podcast listening.

Rooster Teeth- my brother got me hooked on this one. No particular reason I listen to this one, it's entertaining and the guys are funny. It's mostly about gaming, but even though I don't even own a game console it's still funny to listen too.

The Talking Dead Podcast- I LOVE this podcast. Two Canadian guys Chris and Jason talk about all things 'Talking Dead' you know, the zombie show on AMC. The thing I love about this podcast is it takes your perception of the show and completely changes it into something else. I like most people I imagine, watch the show on a purely entertainment based scale. After each episode they break it down and really make you think about it on a whole different scale, not only in entertainment speaking but as well as cinematic integrity as well. While the show is on summer break they update less often and talk about news and rumors for the set of filming for the next season.

Nerdist- The host Chris Hardwick interviews different people in the entertainment/music industry and basically just really famous people. It's not scripted and it's just friends talking and it's always funny. I don't listen to this one as much, but I just kinda go through the episodes and look for people I know and listen to those first then go back and fill in the spaces.

Off the Air- Chick McGee from Bob & Tom. This is the podcast I listen to least of all, mostly because the others keep me pretty busy. This podcast is more of a causal conversation with Chick and the guests of the show. Most of the guests you'll know from the Bob & Tom show.

Those are the main podcasts that I can listen to. I'm kinda picky about them, I don't like amateur sounding ones because it's too annoying, and if the people have weird voices that I don't like I can't listen to it either. I know... weird.

That brings us to Sirius Satellite Radio. I got a 6 month free trial when I bought Edgar. So far I'm not impressed. I would much rather stream Pandora radio (which I heart) I do enjoy the 90's on 9, but it's just not intuitive enough for me. My Pandora knows what I like and what I don't and I can give a song a thumbs down and never have to hear it again! I just feel like my Pandora has a much better variety than what I can find on Sirius. Maybe I just haven't given it enough of a change, but I'm trying. I just can't find a station that I love and HAVE to listen to. Any suggestions for a favorite station if you have Sirius? I don't think I will be renewing when the time comes.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, had Sirius when I first purchased my car. Same as you I never seemed to find a station I could settle on during my hour and a half long commute. This frustrated me as switching between stations on Sirius is such a hassle. Too many to scan through. As a result......I never renewed my subscription. Couldn't be happier with that decision. Pandora and I are now practically best friends - she just gets me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already totally forgot about podcasts. They certainly saved me on bad days. When annoying voices got to be too much! Now I need to figure out if I can put podcasts back into my day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...