Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Watermelon Oreo Quest



I don't know if you know that there are Watermelon flavored Oreo's floating around out in the world right this moment or not but you should know... and well I guess now you do! 

This story starts several weeks ago. I had heard them talking about watermelon Oreo's on the radio. Most people think they are an abomination to the Oreo world and shouldn't exist. I won't lie to you I was one of them. Discussing this abomination at work I vowed if I found them I would bring them in so we could all put this to rest, either yay or nay. Searching high and low I was finally able to find some of these rare Oreo's at Target. I took them to work and with each hesitant bite from my co-workers it was 10-3 in favor! They were a hit!

When I got home gpa and A.Drama asked if they could try one. Oops! I told them I was fresh out but vowed to find more...

Mom and gma were going to the big city and were on the search, they tried Wal-Mart and the Target there... no luck. Now the quest was really on.

Last night we headed to the big city on the other side of us, also making an appearance at bike night at the Harley dealer. They had a drawing for a basket full of Harley things that was eligible for active and retired military... well Dad won!!! He was very excited!



... but back to the Oreo's. So the original Oreo's I had purchased at this particular Target store. So I walk back to where I had located them the first time, which was in their seasonal area. THEY WERE GONE! NOOOOooooooo! I stood there looking at the shelf that was now full of glasses. What, huh, wah?! I just stood there staring, I walked around to the other aisles in the area. But they were just here! After a moment I realized defeat and slowly exited the aisle. Then as I was walking past the food aisles I thought I'd check there. FOUND THEM!!! There they were next to their Oreo siblings. So I grabbed three bags, they weren't all for me! I promise!

So long story short, I couldn't find them, then I found them. They are delicious, you should try them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...