Sunday, July 14, 2013

Ferris Wheel and a Sweet Treat

What a weekend and then just like that it's over.

Friday night was spent at the fair riding the Ferris wheel, bumper cars and the tilt-a-whirl. I was 10 points away from winning a price at skeeball, oh so close. We finished off the evening listening to the band rockin. It was a fantastic night!




Then Saturday after a little OT at work, I hit the road and traveled to Page Turners town! She left the farm to follow her dreams of owning a candy shop in her small town and Saturday was the grand opening! Here are pictures from her adorable little candy shop on main street. I almost didn't recognize her when I walked in with that giant smile on her face.

She has all kinds of candy to choose from, the banana salt water taffy was excellent, I got a taste test of the Dr. Pepper Jelly Belly's (delish) and some rock candy on request from mom, which she reported back was also very delish. I'm so glad that her little dream has turned into reality that everyone else can enjoy too. Although I miss her at work, I'm glad she's in a better place ;) 



And today I headed to the big city to catch a movie with NiBo. We went all fancy today and saw it in IMAX. Pacific Rim is a movie about mosters from under the pacific ocean and the machines we built to kick there butt. Probably not most people's cup of tea but I actually really liked it, and add the fact that Charlie Hunnam (aka Jax Teller) was the lead role in the movie didn't hurt one bit.



Hope everyone had a great weekend... back to the grind tomorrow :(

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good week-end. Five more days and you can do it again. Enjoyed seeing your face in Coco's.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...