Sunday, July 21, 2013

Missing In Action

I promise this time I have been MIA for a legit reason. You see my friend MB has been working hard to lose weight and has been doing an amazing job. She talked me into signing up for a gym in the big work city and then took it another step further when she talked me into the personal trainer program at the gym, she got a week head start. 

The program "Fat to Fit in 84 days" promises to kick our butts into smokin hot shape by time fall rolls around. It's 6 days a week for an hour- hour and a half working with a trainer and food program. We alternate weight days and cardio days and increase the intensity. Our weights are mostly done with kettlebells so far, and I'm kinda loving it. 

Monday- Weights light day
Tuesday- Cardio light day
Wednesday- Weights medium day
Thursday- Cardio Medium day
Friday- Weights heavy day
Saturday- 8:30 am cardio heavy day
Sunday- Rest

I survived my first week. It wasn't exactly easy and dare I say kinda fun. It's been great having someone to workout with and to help me push and motivate myself. The food part of this consists of 80g carbs per day/20g fat per day/24g of protien per meal and eating six small meals every 3 hours. We meet at either 6 or 6:30pm with the trainer so I've been working some overtime hanging out in work city to pass the time, then getting done at the gym around 7/7:30 with a 45 minute drive home, you can see where I haven't had enough time to blog; but I promise in the coming weeks I will work harder to get some blogging in. Be prepared though it may become a slightly more exercise/healthy food zone and me venting/sharing my struggles as this time goes on.

Our trainer Annette is amazeballs. She is so nice and encouraging that you can't help but love her and want to do everything she says, I really do feel that she believes in me more than I do myself right now, but hopefully I'll get there.

My biggest struggle this week has been the food. During the week I didn't even notice, but these past two days have been a little rough. I want pizza and I want McDonalds. Ugh how awful, it's just the knowing you can't have something that makes you crave it I think. But don't fret I didn't give into temptation, I just kept thinking how bad I want this and it's only up to me to screw it up, and I'm not going to. During our 84 days we need to follow the plan to the T. Once the 84 days, in moderation, there will be room for those kinds of things, hopefully I won't want them, but there will be a place.

84 days in the gym will conclude on October 19th. By then, Annette is bound and determined that I will be smokin hot. So we shall see. Six days down, 78 to go. Monday is a new day and a new week, let's get this!




PS
If you have any good recipe that will fit into my plan please share. I'm already getting blah'd out on salads.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats. So proud of you. Very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You go girl!

    I have TONS of great recipes to share that many of my clients have given me. I will post them soon.

    Stay motivated!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...