Sunday, July 28, 2013

2 Weeks In and an Artful Adventure

Well I've been meaning to blog but I haven't plain and simple. I'm sorry you've missed a few Throwback Thursday's but I promise to have one up this week, I'll have to dig deep in the archives and find a good one for ya.

As of yesterday I have officially completed week 2 of my Fat to Fit program. Week 2 wasn't the easiest, more mentally than physically though. I do notice myself getting stronger and having more energy, but I'm still waiting for the big payoff. It's very hard to wrap your mind around working so hard and not "seeing" the results. Yeah, yeah, "you didn't put it all on at once, it's not going to come off all at once" yeah I get it, but I need to see it happening. So week 2 was working through that. I also had the feelings that I don't want to go tonight, I need a rest... but I always went and always survived, I'm totally in the whole mind game part of weight loss at the moment. Onward to Week 3! 

Today in an effort to get out of the house and do something entertaining, NiBo and I headed north to Chicago to check out the Art Institute. Both of us had been there long ago on a quick school field trip and since the other Bo's were busy we waited to hit up the other museums until they could join. 

The other adventure on our agenda had been the Skydeck, which is a clear box that sticks out 103 floors above the ground of The Sears Willis Tower, but once we got in line and heard 2 hour wait, we decided against it and just hoofed it around Chi, but first, here is our adventures in art.

The front of the Art Institute

I liked this painting because the sun looked so real and I loved the shadows

This was just kinda creepy cool looking

Even Armor is art!

Good ol' Van Gough

NiBo was intrigued by this "art" piece

Yes this is art apparently, literally just throw random crap on the floor

NiBo was confused by this as well, if this is art, his room is a masterpiece he said

American Gothic

We weren't quite ready for our adventure to be over after our artful adventure so we walked and walked and walked around. We went to take a look at the river and all the happenings on Michigan Ave, and we went and took a look at the bean in Millennium Park.


I'm so glad the weather was perfect for walking around up there today, what a lovely way to spend a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...