Monday, June 17, 2013

Warrior Dash 2013- A Photo Montage

As promised here are some pictures from Warrior Dash 2013! There were way more obstacles than I have pictured here, mostly because I was saving energy some of them were a little brutal and required a moment or two to catch my breath. But here for your viewing pleasure is the photographic evidence that the Warrior Dash did occur! The obnoxiously bright color shirts were an effort to help the cheer squad/photographers/baggage handlers locate us in the muddy mix of humans crossing the finish line.


Our Cheer Squad/Photograhers/baggage handlers

A.Drama posing



Before

The first obstacle- go across a muddy creek

Tons-o-smelly mud to run walk through

The dreaded trenches- thought it would be smoother with the water, it was not, still scraped up my poor knees :(

NiBo (the blue one at the top) conquering an obstacle

First off, sorry this is blurry at this point my new waterproof camera had been through some muddy water. And while it is waterproof it doesn't have a self cleaning front lens, so that is mud spots, my apologies. This obstacle is metal chains that you have to climb up and back over. 

NiBo rocked the course finishing like 20 mins before A.Drama and I

Here is A.Drama crossing giving the warrior sign as she crosses, I'm just a smidge behind her

Here I am falling down just across the finish line

A.Drama in front of a pile of shoes to be donated

This is how muddy it was even after we were off the course! Very different from the drought conditions we had last year

Mud covered NiBo 

all muddy and done! 


In case anyone was wondering about my waterproof camera I used for the race it's a Nikon Coolpix S31. It's waterproof to 16.4ft and shockproof up to 3.9 ft. I don't plan to actually use it for underwater shooting I just got it to have a more rugged camera for messy races and times when I'm around the water and want a little more safety for my camera. If you click the picture it will take you to Target's website where it is currently on sale. They sell it in stores but only have white. Best Buy has it online only for a few dollars cheaper. The picture quality is good as long as you keep the front lens clean, and when you're covered in mud with no clean edge of your shirt it's a little hard to do ;)




1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the great finish, Easy Rider! It was a muddy fun filled day and you have the photo documentation to prove it! Warriors Unite! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...