Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pinterested?


So have you guys heard of Pinterest? I had heard of it but really had no clue what it is (kinda still don't) but a friend asked me the other day if I knew about and sent me an invite. (yeah it's elite, you have to be invited by someone) Like I really needed this, I now feel compelled to break out my inner Martha Stewart and put in some hardcore Internet surfing so I can look cool, chic, and organized.... and I'm still not 100% sure how I'm going to use this site.

But I signed up.

From my understating Pinterest is basically an inspiration board. I've seen a lot of people using it for wedding planning. You can browse websites and 'pin' pictures to different boards on your page. So for example you can have a board for wedding pictures you like, or a board for all the wedding dresses you like. I've also seen it used for different book genre's you might like (Page Turner?) or home decorations by room, quotes, recipes anything your little creative mind needs to organize.

The official 'about me' section of the website explains it like this...
Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.

Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests. To get started, request an invite.
Here's a screenshot of someone else's boards who is clearly been at it a little longer than my bare boards.



Anyone already using Pinterest, how are you using it? Want an invite, let me know :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...