Monday, September 5, 2011

Austria: Salzburg Day 2

Today it rained and rained which was a mixed blessing, it cooled down a lot. Another German/Austrian observation, the weather is like Illinois. One day you sweat your arse off then the next you are wearing a jacket. But it also meant we had to find things inside to do rather than prance around in the rain so we visited three churches instead. As I mentioned the churches have been my most favorite part and I think you'll easily see why. The pictures are a little dark because it was overcast and rainy :(

Kollegienkirche (Collegiate Church)







The next church (I think) is called Salzburger Dom (I'll correct later if I'm wrong) We also visited the crypt in this church as well.










The third church is a Franciscan church attatched to the convent that Maria in The Sound of Music came from. All of these churches had several alters around them I think all of them had at least 6. I hope these pictures convey the semi-circle of smaller alters around the main alter in this church. This last church also had a bunch of amazing religious art.






Man I stayed up way too late. I hope you all enjoy the pictures since its 3am here back in Schweinfurt :S

Guten Nacht!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...