Monday, September 5, 2011

Germany: Munich

Day 1: Arrival Day
I was super tired when we arrived. First plane ride was pretty cool, 8 hours on a plane however loses it's excitement oh about 20 minutes in everyone was right. It was cool to see what everything looks like from 30,000ft though. In flight movies were pretty good. I watched Ratouille and The Hangover. Some general observations. 1st class people are messy.

After we got into Schweinfurt and settled into our hotel we headed out for lunch. My first German meal was actually turkish, we had a doner kebab. It looked questionable but was actually quite delish. (highlighted words are wiki'd for your research convienience) Then for dinner we had a traditional German meal. I forgot to write down what I had, I was tired.

Day 2: Munich
Train rides put me to sleep, I really can't help it. No matter what I do I fall asleep. After a couple of hours we arrived at the main train station in Munich and headed off to our hotel to check in, then headed out for lunch. Following a recommendation from the front desk we headed off for an authentic Bavarian meal. I went light and had the cheese spaetzle, very delish. Tastes like mac n' cheese but way better. Another little tidbit about Germany, they don't have ice. Soda comes served cold but no ice. I miss iced tea like nobody's business. But before our meal arrived our friendly host said welome to Munchen and gave us all vodka shots. Then before we left we had one more, yowza, but thanks! PS it was hot, not gonna lie, I probably smelled but at least I probably fit in.

After lunch we headed to our first offical historic-only-seen-in-Germany destination, Nymphenburg Palace. A small little summer home for previous rulers. The historic front side was under construction but the back is just as beautiful, oh and for A.Drama.B, duck butt x4, and a Swan ass.











Then we headed over to the Olympic park, which was the site of the 1972 Summer games, made infamous by the kidnapping and shooting of Israeli athletes. There isn't a whole lot to see as it was later in the evening but we took the ride to the top of the Olympic tower which gave a great view of the park, we were also able to take a look at the pool which is now used for recreation, you can even zipline from the top of the stadium.





After our walk around Olympic Park, we headed to the Hofbräuhaus one of the most famous beer hall/breweries in Germany. True to fashion is was the happenin place to be, lots of people, lots of beer, music and yummo food. For dinner I had Munich sausages.




After dinner we had too much fun being silly back at the hotel, it could have been the lack of sleep. But I stayed up too late and we had a train to catch in the morning for Salzburg Austria. Offical review of Munich: it was ok, really busy, not my cup of tea.


Some of my general observations about Germany so far:
- no Ice or ice tea :(
- no free soda refills
- solar panels on the tops of all the houses
- windows open all the way and tip open from the top
- guys wear capri pants
- water is not just tap water (sometimes carbonated)
- cabbage fields are pretty
- hotels have real keys
- you have to pay to use the bathroom in public places

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...