Sunday, September 11, 2011

Germany: Final Days & Rothenburg

Yesterday was another lazy sleep in day. We needed it after our hike up the mountain. (PS I'm still sore two days later) We really didn't do much of anything. Just slept in incredibly late (I'm on vacation don't judge) and had our good-bye's to the delish Donner Kebob's that I will miss very very much. My favorite Germany food was a non-German food.

I might actually miss watching television in German, I've grown fond of watching American TV shows and movies with German words, I feel like I'm catching on (nope)

Today we took another easy day of shopping and some sightseeing in nearby Rothenburg. I actually managed to pick up a few things for myself even! Rothenburg is a walled medieval town. I have a few pictures for ya. We also went to a criminal museum that showed torture weapons and laws of the land. They also have a big Christmas store that I had heard a lot about before I left.











If you look close you can see the wall that surrounds the city.



and here's a few pictures from the criminal museum






and when we got back to Schweinfurt a crazy German thunderstorm rolled through and soaked us just in time for our run to dinner.


Tomorrow morning I will get on my second plane ride for a 9 hour 18 minute flight back to the good ol' USA. Germany it's been fun, watch out Ireland! Now that I've got some foreign travel experience it's only the tip of the iceberg.

Auf wiedersehen Deutchland!

2 comments:

  1. - been there
    - been there
    - been there
    - hey you scanned that from my photo album
    - been there
    - been there
    - been there
    - skiied there
    - been there
    - been there

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, well what was your favorite city?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...