Saturday, September 24, 2011

Finally Fall!


Fall has finally arrived! I love this tree, it's on my way home. It is always the first tree to show it's colors and let us know Fall is here. The air has turned crisp and I've been layering up the past few days. I can't wait to hear the leaves crunching under my feet. I was happy to see a line at the grain elevator the other day and to see farmers in the field, even more evidence that Fall is upon us!

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before but Fall is the best season of all, I dare you to find a better season! Fall inhabits all your senses..

Sight: Farmers in the fields, the colors of the leaves changing, little monsters and goblins running through the streets. The sunsets always seem a little prettier in fall too

Hearing: the rustling leaves across the ground, the sounds of football crowds cheering, the howling autumn wind blowing through the crisp night

Taste: hot chocolate, pumpkin spices, caramel apples, pumpkin pie! chili and soups

Smell: pumpkin pie baking in the oven, the smell of the wood burning on the fire and roasting marshmellows. I can't really explain the smell of fall but I think everyone knows what I'm talking about

Touch: the feel of fleece and flannel, warm blankets in the morning that make you not want to get out of bed

and if you are one of those special people you may even peak your sixth sense on all hallows eve this fall.

Fall is my favorite season and I'm so glad it's finally here. I hope it sticks around awhile before old man winter is knocking on our door. Happy belated first day of Fall <3

1 comment:

  1. I do enjoy everything fall has to offer. I agree with all of the above.
    Summer: The feel of the sun on my skin. The smell of rain, roses, chlorine from the pool, and suntan lotion. I love the sound of a thunderstorm. I love the sight of the green, green grass, the crops growing, and tan lines. I love the taste of homemade lemonade, ice water, and a blizzard in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...