Sunday, April 24, 2011

Thank You Weather!

Well yesterday was pleasant break from the April showers, which means I was able to make the ride over to the big city for the annual Spring Open House and Blessing of the bikes. The ride over was quite windy not gonna lie, but I knew the ride home would be smooth sailing with the wind at our back.

I'm really glad we showed up when we did because we got one of the last few spots in the lot. There were hundreds of bikes there, it was awesome! Bikes of every make and model were there too.

How it works it, all these bikes move from their parking spot and get into a double line that will split into three. Once you get to the three lanes there are three stations. At each of the stations there is about three or four people there who are part of the Christian Motorcycle Association, they lean over you and your bike and give you a blessing for a safe riding season.




I also got a present from the Fedex man yesterday, my chaps arrived yesterday so now I will officially not freeze my arse off when it's cold. :)

PS I have never seen as many leather-clad people as I did yesterday, I'm guessing PETA is not really a fan of motorcyclists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...