Thursday, April 7, 2011

Need More Mental Health Days

Yesterday I took advantage of the midweek decent weather and took myself a mental health day, life needs more mental health days. I managed to catch up on my sleep, watch parts 1-3 of Mildred Pierce on HBO and changed the oil in my bike AND I did it all by myself, saved 60 bones!

Today was yet another stressful day at work, they seem to be more abundant lately unfortunately. I'm glad to have a job don't get me wrong, I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have such a good job, but that doesn't make me enjoy it any more. We have the option of working OT starting Saturday and I'm debating whether or not to partake. We are down several people and our work is piling up, it would be very nice to have the extra money but I don't know if it's worth the extra headache.

This has been one of the longer winters I can remember. I know it's technically Spring but I haven't been convinced. I know April showers will bring May flowers, but I'm ready to get out and about. Weigh in for Biggest Loser was yesterday too, I wasn't up but was only down like 2oz, better than nothing but I need to kick it up a notch or three or four. Warmer weather will help and I can get out on the bike finally!

It was also brought to my attention that I have a tendency to participate in things that are predomently older people. I don't know how this happens all the time but it very often does. I guess I have problems relating to people my own age, I've always been told I'm very mature for my age. I never did the whole big party scene in college like most people my age, partly because I was working. I worked full-time and went to class in the evenings; there were some people my age but most were older adults going back to school to get their degrees. I was hoping that getting out of my comfort zone and joining the HOG chapter would help, but again it's more older people. I don't really know how it keeps happening. I guess I'll have to work on it some more. Page Turner has given me the challenge of meeting people born before 1978. If you or anyone you know were born before 1978 let's hang out, have a drink and chat lol.

5 comments:

  1. So....the title of this blog caught my attention (because I most definitely agree) so I clicked on the cute little link from the Mrs. page while totally neglecting the responsibilities of my real job. I was born in 1986! I like drinks! Let's be friends! Holla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is blog worlds colliding in an amazing way.
    I love your Oprah quote. It is great if you make new, younger friends. Just do not forget your old friends.
    Make new friends, but keep the old ones, One is silver and the other gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fello '86er in da hizzy! Let's totally be friends! Two small town girls, it could get crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy is my middle name! Not really....but wouldn't that be cool?! For what it's worth, I wish I owned a Harley so I already look up to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...