Monday, April 18, 2011

Simon Rolled Over

Simon, my 2007 Nissan Sentra SL has rolled over to 100,000 miles. Holy Moly. I drive a lot. Sadly it's mostly been just to and from work. Simon and I have been to Nashville, Tennessee twice, then to Asheville, North Carolina to Biltmore Estate with Gma then down to Myrtle Beach and Charleston, South Carolina for a Spring break trip one year and back and forth to work ever since.
I bought Simon the weekend before I started my first grown up full time job at the insurance company, my first brand spankin' new car; he only had about 8 miles on him way back then. We've been through a lot my Simon and me... so Happy 100,000 Simon, here's hoping for 100,000+ more (no really you're almost paid off so don't crap out on me anytime soon!)


I should mention Simon is not my first car, not my first love. My first car was Herman, a 2004 Ford Probe. Herman has been passed down through all the Bo children, he is currently in the posession of NiBo and goes by the name Frank now, short for Frankenstein (which is literally, he is about ready to go to the big car park in the sky being held together by a few bolts) Herman was the bombdiggity back in the day, fully matching side panels and flip up lights I thought I was the coolest. Here we are back in 2002, the day I turned 16 and could hit the roads solo... it's perfectly normal to be jealous, so go ahead.


We had some good times me and Herman, but with the ground clearance of a midget I'm happy to sit a little bit taller in Simon, and who knew four doors could be so convienient, and cruise control what a blessing, bluetooth and automatic windows... fogettabout it!

Leave some love for your first car! What did ya have? and give a shoutout if you got 100,000 miles! Keep on truckin'!

1 comment:

  1. My first car was a Camaro. It was not new. It was not fast. Now I have Ellie. My beloved Ford Focus. She turned over 60,000 last week. She is only 2 1/2 years old. I hope to have her with me a long time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...