Wednesday, April 13, 2011

40°F + 60mph = 24°F... Which is Cold

Tonight was the first HOG meeting where the weather was halfway decent enough to ride, which of course meant leaving the car at home this morning... and remember I've been working some OT. Which means that in order to get to work this morning by 7 I had to leave at 6, the temperature this morning when I left was 40°F when you add in the fact that you are totally exposed to the elements at 60mph it apparently felt like 24°F this morning when I rode in, further confirming the fact that I need to purchase a few heavier things to keep me warm.

I don't have a whole lot else going on, just been working and working some more. Work is still stressful, more stupid things show up daily. As I mentioned tonight was another HOG meeting, I thought there would be more people who would ride and I didn't want to look like the whimp but turns out I was among the minority for this round. It's always fun to have boys be jealous of a girl's bike. Each month I try to sit with someone different to learn their names and expand my acquaintance list.

I also did something tonight that I have never done and to be a little honest it made me a little bit nervous, ok well two things I've never done. First thing, the group usually meets at the dealership and then rides over together to wherever dinner is. So I dropped by and there was only one person who was riding over. So tonight was my first time riding in kind of a group event. The second thing tonight was driving actually through traffic through Btown. I have an easy route to work when I ride and never have a need to weave through town with all the stop lights and traffic and blah blah blah. But tonight I weaved through the big city traffic pretty easy, I was pretty proud of myself, sometimes you doubt yourself for no reason. Gotta have a little bit of faith in yourself sometimes.

Point of this post? No point really other than to let you know I was cold this morning and that I sometimes surprise myself. Holla!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a name for your bike? Is it a she? Saw her in the parking lot today. She is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...