Thursday, March 24, 2011

Nashville Road Trip 2011: Part 1

Day 1: Driving, Metropolis, Margaritaville, Downtown, The Stage, Sleep

Metropolis, IL and their Giant Super Man

Got into town and headed to Margaritaville for dinner and a hurricane. A.Drama.B was cornered by the man on stilts making balloon animals and he made her a shark fin, she then had to help demonstrate Jimmy Buffetts Fin song to the entire restaurant, don't worry we did get it on video.

After dinner A.Drama.B and I headed back downtown while KStew and BWurm rested at the room. Poor BWurm had been looking forward to this trip for awhile and had gotten sick the Friday before we left but he was a trooper and still had fun... at least I hope they did. We parked ourselves at The Stage on Broadway and had a few drinks and listened to some great music.

Day 2: Parthenon, Country Music Hall of Fame, Grand Ole Opry, Ghost Tour

The Parthenon:






Country Music Hall of Fame:

The front of the Hall of Fame Museum

Hank Willams Sr's guitar

One of Hank's stage outfits

Hank Williams Jr's guitar and stage shirt

Johnny Cash's guitar and black suit

Hank III's boots he wore to every show. Note the duct tape... I think I will retire my boots before they require this type of maintenance

Garth Brook's guitar

The pretty trees in bloom outside the museum, I told you they had spring there!

Aww look at pretty ABo sitting in the museum lobby.

I have more pictures to show you all so I'll split this into two posts so I don't overwhelm your senses, and you can soak it all in. Check back tomorrow for pictures from the Opry, Ghost stories and a redneck tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...