Thursday, March 3, 2011

Artful Designs?


I had the great pleasure of joining these two lovely ladies for a "therapy" session at the local artsy fartsy pick something and paint it store. Clearly this was my first time as you'll see in the 'after' picture below, but I had a lot of fun.

First, I was completely overwhelmed by the choices of things to paint. There were plates and bowls, gnomes and dragons, and pretty much anything you can imagine, even a hot dog bank. OL and I chose to go with a smaller (less expensive) first time item while Page Turner has been waiting to paint a Christmas tree that lights up and you put the little bulbs in which turned out to be the simplest item to paint. OL went with a cute little puppy dog and I chose a happy penguin.

I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to things like painting and I honestly could have stayed there several more hours perfecting my little guy, with some nudging I decided this was my first time and he wasn't going to be 100% and I'll need to leave room for improvement.

So after a few hours (time passed very quickly) we were all satisfied with lovely creations and were ready to call it a night. We left our creations to be thrown into the fire and made all shiney, we'll have to go back in a week to pick them up. I'm already trying to decide what pretty thing I'll create next time, I'm thinking a plate would be easier but I'll have to think about it and don't worry about Page Turners Christmas tree, we were promised that the fancy glaze used on the tree would turn green once they threw it in the fire.


1 comment:

  1. Time did fly by! It is an awesome $300 Christmas Tree.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...