Thursday, January 6, 2011

Making Other Plans

I don't know if you remember me telling you that I had signed up to be a part of the local HOG Chapter or not but I hadn't really done much other than sign up. Well you know those New Year Resolutions I kind of made, well here is a jump start to get me on track for one of them. The 19th is a do-or-die moment.

I get a monthly newsletter telling about upcoming events and things coming up. Once a month there is a chapter meeting at a local restaurant and I always tell myself well I'll go eventually and never do, mostly because I'm chicken (insert your favorite expletive for poo here). It being the new year and all and I need to meet people and make friends who like to do what I do, and what better way than to be around people gathered for a purpose revolving around a mutual like. I have signed up to attend the January meeting (AHHHH!) I've mentioned before that I dislike going places I've never been too (see #7 10 Things: That I worry entirely too much about) and this is a double whammy. A place I've never been to before AND going to someplace I don't know anyone. I've been into the Dealer many times and attend events sometimes so I've probably seen a few faces, and they are always really nice when you stop in and I know people aren't normally openly rude to someone so it won't be too terrible (I hope!)

This is just one way of me actually getting off my bum and trying to make a difference in my life. I really hope that this little step for man will lead to a giant step for mankind in the future aka me! Everyone always says you meet people when you least expect it. After all.. as John Lennon said "Life is what happens whiles your busy making other plans." I'm really trying to push myself out of my comfort zone, that's one reason I'm so stuck in this rut because I never meet new people, get interested in new things or really leave the house lol, it's no one's fault but my own for losing my adventurous spirit. So first month of the new year, stepping out of the box! Hopefully some great things will come from this year.

BTW, is it Spring yet? I'm all for a snowy December, it adds to the holiday spirit and brings tidings of good cheer, but we're over the cold, please bring warm weather. I miss my motorcycle, it makes me sad to see it stuck in the shed with a cover on and hooked up to life support (aka battery charger). That rubber was meant to hit the road!! Bring it already! You'll notice the countdown to your right, not that it will hurry Spring along any but it's nice to have tabs on when she should arrive. (Is Spring a girl or boy? Winter is an Old Man but I don't know about the other seasons)


PS OL, if you're reading this before I see you, today was Oprah ticket day. Me, you and TT are all in the running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...