Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Quick Post

Just so you guys will have something to read I have a few updates for you...

 In my New Year plan of action, well continued action (I mentioned before that I try to do at least one new thing a month that I haven't done before in order to better myself aka force myself out of the house and comfort zone in an effort to expand my social skills/circle) tonight I attended my first HOG (Harley Owners Group) chapter meeting. I was nervous and of course had to scope out google maps satellite view, and Bing maps (which is actually way better and quite amazing the attention to detail it gives, go ahead try finding your house) because I had never been to the restaurant before AND a double whammy because I didn't know anyone there. But I got there and asked a table if I could join them and did the whole I'm new speil. They were of course VERY nice and included me in their discussions and told me about how they all met at the Thursday night dinner rides and filled me in on some of the things about the club. The club is also really involved in the community and raises money at every event for a local domestic violence shelter. The night could not have gone any better, I'm so glad that I'm starting to step out of the comfort zone. Motorcycling is really something I want to get more involved in and what better way than to surround yourself with people who want the same thing. Having a little bit of faith in yourself really can go a long way. I'm really looking forward to spring to get here so I can slower start venturing out with the group on some of their rides and meet more people who share the same interests.

Alex is home! He's seems to be doing a lot better and got to come home today. He ate some turkey which is great news, he's eating on his own. We just need to watch him and make him as comfortable as possible and keep him away from stress. We are all very happy that he is improving. He's still a little weak and tired and has just been chilling in his little bed, he will get up and explore a bit. Keep him in your prayers as he still has a ways to go to be all better.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you!!! There was a time, I was super shy. I never would have been able to do what you did. Now it is easy for me. Yeah You!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's so weird to hear people say things like that but I really appreciate it, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...