Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dear Old Man Winter

Dear Old Man Winter,
I have yet again grown tired of your bitter cold winds, below freezing temperatures and early morning window scrapings. I understand that you have inches of accumulation in store for central Illinois this week, I dislike. I thought we had a deal, you were cool to hang around with in December and we do much appreciate the snow for Christmas, but it's a new year. Winter is sooo 2010. Here is my proposal, if you insist on sticking around please drop so much snow that I don't have to drive myself to work (that means you'll shut down roads and the big suits will find kindness in their hearts to call off work). Also make a deal with that little groundhog to ignore his shadow should he see it and please don't bring an icestorm or blizzard the week of February 8th, I should like to celebrate my birthday with unseasonably high temperatures no snow or ice to boot. That should just about do it. Thanks again.

Love,
North of 10th

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...