Sunday, November 28, 2010

So I Might Be a Little Behind the Times

Last night in a last ditch effort to find something interesting to watch at 11 o'clock at night I ran across the end of a Deadliest Catch marathon, the last few episodes from the season that aired this summer. It was the episode that showed the fleet getting the news that Captain Phil Harris had passed away. It was a very sad, I can't stand to see guys cry, it just breaks my heart then of course I start tearing up too.

I don't really remember how it came up but my brother let me borrow the first book of Harry Potter, that came out when and I haven't read it yet? Oh well I'm on it now. I've seen all the movies I guess I was just a little nervous about how big the books are, they are a little intimidating. But I have read the Twilight books and they are big too, and since I've been a part of 'The Page Turners' I've been a little less scared to tackle the bigger books. Back to the movies, NiBo and I went and saw the latest Harry Potter movie it was good I even got a little teary-eyed when the one little elf fella died, well it was sad.

and now here I am catching a Hallmark movie after it's already started. So I guess I'm just in a catching things in the middle and after the initial "everyone is doing it" has worn off. I don't know if I can stick with this Hallmark movie too much longer, I don't like all these sad sappy things, but I do love John Corbett.

I also have a habit of getting into TV shows a little late it seems. I picked up 'The Walking Dead' with only two episodes left (caught it on a marathon too) Wow it seems that mulitple hours of television sucks me in, Dirty Jobs alsmost got me earlier this evening too. And a show set in high school about a group of teens who like to sing (I'm embarassed to admit I watch this show, so I feel that if I don't mention it by name it's not really something I have to admit to, lol) but everyone has already been on that bandwagon and here I am getting into it a little late.

Oh and we had the annual GC Christmas parade last night. We had it a week later than we normally do, it makes it feel more like the Holiday season is here. We also have a tree in the middle of town this year. I have mixed feelings about it, it's in kind of a random spot and it has concrete barriers around it painted like presents, we wonder how long it will be before some crazy drunk person runs into it. Our little town is all busy with the holidays, the lights uptown are lit everynight now, Christmas songs are filling the radio and my mom is requesting Christmas lists already. I don't know if I'm quite ready for it yet, it doesn't quite feel like it just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...