Monday, November 29, 2010

Old Lady is Disappointed

I told 'Old Lady' today that I was reading Harry Potter and that I saw the movie this weekend with my little brother. You should have seen the look of shame and disappointment that quickly came across her face. I was so sad. She said she's glad I can read at an eight grade level. Oh the humanity. Now I need to double read a good interesting adult reading level book to balance out the magic and make believe, and trust 'Old Lady' I will not be a midnight movie viewer. I don't think I've been to any midnight movie showings for epic movies. I do remember coming out of a late movie and seeing all the freaks dressed up when the first or second Pirates of the Caribbean came out, not my cup of tea.

Anyone been to a midnight release, or better yet dressed up for a movie theater? and is it better to be a nerd and stake out a bookstore for a midnight release or be a nerd and camp out in a movie theater?

2 comments:

  1. I've been dragged to quite a few midnight showings in Miami. None of the nerdy ones though. I know I saw the Superman movie at midnight. I can't remember what else though. I've also had to stand in line for a good 40 mins to get in to a regular showing on an opening day of movies. I've never seen anyone dressed up though, nor have I dressed up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there is shame in Harry Potter reading. I know several well read people that speak highly of Harry. It is not on the level of Twilight! Extra points to you for how thick the book is!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...